Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Sea Dragon Charters 28/10/2018

I went out on a fun Sunday dive with Sea Dragon Charters. I had not been out to the Annapolis in quite a while, and had to miss the big GUE-BC trip out the previous day. I met up with Brian and a new dive buddy Terry from Alberta for a fun day of diving. Captain Bob was in charge along with Gavin.

We did the Annapolis first, and it was Terry's first time. I was able to give him the full tour, starting from the hangar bay, to the bow, to the stern, around the smoke stacks and done. Unfortunately the visibility was not the best, but we did see a lot of life. I noticed a lot more sea stars and nudibranchs than I had in the past. Also there were quite a few larger rockfish.

For the second dive, we had Captain Bob take us over to the wall to the east. My goal was to try and find the wolf eel that was there. Alas, it wasn't to be. The wolf eels eluded us. However, the visibility was a bit better and we had a very good dive. We spotted a lot more nice nudibranchs, with a golden dirona being the prettiest (it was Brian's find).

We met up at the Troller Pub in Horseshoe bay after for some snacks and conversation. It was a great day of diving!

1 comment: