Thursday, July 1, 2010

Porteau Cove – 26/06/2010

Vince and I tried first to go to Kelvin's Grove, but a sign warning about sewage problems turned us away. Not something you want to swim in!

We did Porteau Cove instead, since we were pretty close.

Visibility was not the greatest, but it could have been worse. We spent a good deal of time poking around for octopii, but found not a one.

The highlight of the dive was coming across a giant lingcod swallowing another fish whole. It was eating it like a snake, and the other fish was still alive in its mouth with half of its body down the lingcods throat. It was like a fish with two heads.

Vince and I ran through a few drills at the end of the dive, most notably modified S-drills. I also went through one set of valve drills since I was on my doubles. It went not too bad.

We decided to skip the second dive, since our first dive was actually 1 hour and 15 minutes. The longest dive I've ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment